Making an ‘D is for duck craft’ is a fun way to introduce the very first alphabet letter. This Letter D Craft is one of our favorite letter D activities for preschoolers because the word duck starts with D and the letter craft is shaped like the letter D. This letter D preschool craft works well at home or in the preschool classroom.
Easy Letter D Craft
Preschoolers can either draw the letter D shape themselves or use our letter D template. Our favorite part of this letter craft is attaching the pipe cleaners and feathers to make a duck!
Related: More easy letter D crafts
This article contains affiliate links.
Watch How To Make Preschool D Is For Duck Craft
Instructions For Letter D Preschool Craft: Duck
Step 1- Create The Letter D Shape
Trace and cut out letter D or download, print and cut out this letter D template:
Step 2 – Give Craft a Canvas Foundation
Glue the letter D onto the piece of construction paper of a contrasting color.
Step 3 – Add the Duck Details to the Letter D
- For the duck head: Add a pom pom to your letter D to create the duck head.
- For the duck bill: Cut out an orange bill from construction paper and glue it right under the pom pom.
- For the duck eyes: Glue the googly eyes on the pom pom.
- For the duck tail: Glue on the feather to your letter D to look like a duck tail.
- For the feet: Shape the pipe cleaners to look like duck feet and glue them to the bottom of the letter D.
Finished D Is For Duck Craft
Your letter D for Duck craft is done!
More Ways To Learn The Letter D From Kids Activities Blog
What changes did you make to the D is for Duck preschool craft?