Kids of all ages will enjoy making an Easy Toilet Paper Roll Turkey. This traditional turkey craft is made from construction paper and a cardboard tube. Make this construction paper turkey to teach kids about gratitude at home, school or daycare.
Easy Turkey Craft
Looking for an easy and fun Thanksgiving craft for kids? This is a twist on the classic Toilet Paper Roll Turkeys craft and are perfect for most settings because they use basic supplies like upcycled toilet paper rolls and construction paper.
- Younger Kids: Toddlers and preschoolers can make this paper turkey with a little help.
- Older kids: Don’t limit this craft to 5 feathers for older kids (kids think of many things they feel grateful for, add them all)!
Related: Fun & Easy Thanksgiving crafts for kids
This article contains affiliate links.
How to Make Gratitude Paper Turkey Craft
Instructions to Make Easy Turkey Craft
After gathering supplies, invite children to cut long feathers from the construction paper. We used 5 different colors and made one feather from each color.
Each construction paper feather was the same size. The first one was created by setting the toilet paper roll on a piece of paper and then drawing with a pencil around the craft roll up to a point. Look at the example for the size we made.
Once you have one created, use that as a feather template for the other turkey feathers.
At the top of each feather kids can write 1 thing they feel grateful for.
Related: Our favorite gratitude crafts
Glue the feathers into a lotus shape, then attach them to the back of the toilet roll.
Secure wiggly eyes, a beak, and a gobbler to the front of the turkey. The beak is a triangle cut from orange construction paper and the gobbler was a gentle zig-zag cut from red construction paper.
Tip: If crafted strategically, the turkey should stand up. It’s fun to see a big group of toilet roll turkeys in classrooms!
Finished Paper Craft Turkey
Our Experience Making This Easy Turkey Craft
Around Thanksgiving I’m always looking for fun turkey crafts. And these cute turkey crafts allow the kids to not only make cute turkeys, but practice gratitude.
We put these little turkeys on the Thanksgiving table until dinner was ready. Our own little turkey craft doubled as place settings. These Thanksgiving turkey crafts allow the whole family see the things they’re thankful for, including them.
It was so much fun, but it was also great fine motor skills. This Thanksgiving fun makes the whole holiday season a little better.
- Toilet paper rolls or craft rolls
- Construction paper in assorted primary colors or fall colors
- Wiggly eyes or googly eyes
- Black marker
- Scissors or preschool training scissors
- After gathering your supplies, cut long feathers from construction paper. Use as many colors of construction paper as you want. Each feather should be the same size.
- At the top of each construction paper feather kids can write 1 thing they are grateful for.
- Glue the construction paper feathers into a lotus shape to the back of the cardboard toilet paper roll.
- Glue the wiggly eyes onto the cardboard toilet paper roll.
- Cut the beak and gobbler out of orange construction paper or red construction paper.
- Glue the beak and gobbler onto the cardboard toilet paper roll.
More Turkey Crafts from Kids Activities Blog
Want more creative turkey crafts? Then look no further! We have the perfect turkey craft that is easy for little hands to make. These seasonal crafts are an easy way to celebrate Thanksgiving.
How did your toilet paper roll turkey craft turn out?