Below you’ll find an easy step-by-step tutorial for how to draw a Bear Face and a Bear Face Coloring Page. This one is great for those just learning how to draw.
Beginner artists need some simple projects to get started, so this How to Draw a Bear Face tutorial is a good choice for them. It’s made from a few circles, U shapes and upside down heart, plus a few teeth. Whether they look at pictures themselves or watch a direct draw, those familiar words will help them get those shapes successfully down on paper.
An added benefit of a project like this that just concentrates on the face, is that the drawing is forced to be large. There’s a tendency for new artists to draw small, so this close view helps to counteract that.
If you’d like to challenge anyone to think a step further, ask them to color with more scratchy looking lines to create some fur. Close zig-zags will do the trick, and the large head leaves lots of room for it. Also, simple drawings like this are always great for first painting projects too as students can spend most of their time painting, instead of drawing.
Use Button below to Download a PDF Tutorial
Bear Face Coloring Page
- Drawing Paper. This is the good stuff you can buy in bulk for a good price.
- Pencils. Don’t waste your money on the cheapest brand. These make nice dark lines.
- Black Marker. A permanent marker will give you a nice dark black color.
- Crayons. I like this non-toxic brand that is made from beeswax, not petroleum by-products.
- Note: All of the above are Amazon affiliate links.
Step by Step Directions
More Fun Bear Drawing Projects