This straightforward hen enchilada casserole recipe doesn’t disappoint, and it’s a easy meal the entire household will love. A little bit bit crunchy with simply sufficient of the enchilada chewy goodness stuffed with Mexico-inspired flavors with simply sufficient warmth.
Spicy hen, blended with creamy cheese, beans, veggies, and gentle tortillas, topped along with your favorites, like bitter cream, guacamole, and cilantro. Yum!
Greatest Rooster Enchilada Casserole Recipe
Who doesn’t love a superb casserole?!
Casserole recipes enable for a fast and simple meal which you can put collectively forward of time whereas meal prepping for the week or simply assemble throughout a busy night time.
That is one in all my favourite enchilada recipes. Simple hen enchiladas are nice, and an effective way to make use of up leftover hen. It’s a straightforward recipe and a household favourite.
This text incorporates affiliate hyperlinks.
This Rooster Enchilada Recipe:
- Serves 6-8
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Prepare dinner Time: half-hour
Elements – Rooster Enchilada Casserole
- Inexperienced onion
- Bitter cream
- Recent Cilantro
Directions -Rooster Enchilada Casserole
Very first thing you have to do is preheat oven to 350 levels F.
Begin by evenly spraying a 13×9 baking dish with cooking spray, put aside.
Then, in a big bowl, stir collectively enchilada sauce and salsa.
Reserve 1 cup of sauce combination.
Subsequent, unfold about ½ cup sauce evenly on the underside of the baking dish.
Drain and rinse black beans, drain pinto bean and corn, stir into sauce.
Then, stir in hen.
Lower tortillas and layer on the underside of the ready baking dish.
Subsequent, cowl with one third of the meat combination.
Sprinkle 1 cup of cheese over meat combination.
Then, repeat with one other layer of tortillas, meat combination then 1 cup cheese.
Add remaining tortillas and remaining ½ cup sauce combination, then extra cheese.
Subsequent, evenly spray a bit of foil to forestall cheese sticking, and canopy baking dish.
Bake coated for 20 minutes.
Uncover and bake an extra 5-10 minutes or till bubbly and cheese is melted.
Take away from oven and let set for five minutes earlier than serving.
Serve along with your favourite toppings.
- Floor beef can be used as an alternative of hen. Brown floor beef on the range till no pink stays.
- Beans – you should use any beans you want
- Don’t have time to gradual cook dinner hen? Rotisserie hen additionally works and is moist.
- Want some warmth? Inexperienced chilis work nice right here.
- I like so as to add some seasoning to my combination like chili powder, cumin, salt, pepper, garlic powder.
How To Make Gluten Free Enchilada Casserole
It’s so straightforward to transform this enchilada casserole right into a gluten free recipe!
Use gluten free flour tortillas as an alternative of conventional flour tortillas (Mission makes scrumptious gluten free tortillas!).
Then, simply double verify that the remainder of your packaged components are gluten free.
What To Serve With Rooster Enchilada Casserole
Each time I make enchiladas or tacos, I like serving yummy bean and rice dishes on the aspect! Why not have extra of a superb factor, am I proper?!
- This Tex-Mex black bean and corn salad is the proper aspect in your hen enchilada casserole! Simply add a little bit of guacamole and a spritz of recent lemon or lime juice–YUM!
- Talking of guac, right here is THE BEST guacamole recipe, ever! It’s really easy to make and simply tastes higher when it’s do-it-yourself!
- I additionally like to make a giant pot of Mexican rice, too! It mixes properly with the black bean and corn salad.
How To Retailer Your Enchilada Casserole
Have leftover enchiladas? Nicely you possibly can retailer any remaining sauce in an hermetic container or freeze it.
The enchiladas needs to be eaten over the following couple days. You’ll be able to wrap it in aluminum foil or put it over your casserole dish or put in an hermetic container.
Prepare dinner Time
- 3 cups cooked and shredded hen
- 1 can (19 oz) pink enchilada sauce, gentle or scorching
- 1 cup salsa, gentle or scorching
- 1 can (15 oz) black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can (15 oz) pinto beans ** see notes
- 12 (6 inch) corn or flour tortillas, reduce to suit baking dish
- 1 can (15.25 oz) corn or 2 cups frozen corn, drained
- 3 cups shredded Mexican cheese mix
- Non-obligatory Toppings:
- Inexperienced onions
- Bitter cream
- Preheat oven to 350 levels F.
- Frivolously spray 13×9 baking dish with cooking spray, put aside.
- In a big bowl, stir collectively enchilada sauce and salsa.
- Reserve 1 cup of sauce combination.
- Unfold about ½ cup sauce evenly on the underside of the baking dish.
- Drain and rinse black beans, drain pinto bean and corn, stir into sauce.
- Stir in hen.
- Lower tortillas and layer on the underside of the ready baking dish.
- Cowl with one third of the meat combination.
- Sprinkle 1 cup of cheese over meat combination.
- Repeat with one other layer of tortillas, meat combination then 1 cup cheese.
- Add remaining tortillas and remaining ½ cup sauce combination, then extra cheese.
- Frivolously spray a bit of foil to forestall cheese sticking, and canopy baking dish.
- Bake coated for 20 minutes.
- Uncover and bake an extra 5-10 minutes or till bubbly and cheese is melted.
- Take away from oven and let set for five minutes earlier than serving.
- Serve along with your favourite toppings.
Extra Yummy Rooster Recipes & Simple Dinners
Rooster is on of these meals that even the pickiest of eaters will eat, in case you have the appropriate recipe! Listed below are a few of our favourite hen recipes:
What’s your favourite topping for hen enchiladas? Remark under!